SUBMIT YOUR SITE TO TOP 50 SEARCH ENGINES FREE

SEARCH THE WEB WITH THIS WONDERFUL TOOL

Custom Search

Friday, July 23, 2010

Make Every Day a Celebration Day

Why Make Every Day a Celebration Day?
Great question, huh? So, why make every day a celebration day?

I'll answer that question with another question, "Why not?"

Seems like the past couple of days I've had an over-stimulated reticular activating system. From the movies Maggie and I watched over the weekend to the articles and books I browsed today, they all seemed to be pointing towards this question. Heck, even the guy in the food court steered my attention with his call, "End of day special... END OF DAY SPECIAL!"

Talk about creating urgency. I kept thinking, "What's with all this celebration day nonsense?"

You see, if you had asked me to create a celebration day around the middle of last week, I probably would have clocked you. I was in one of those funky moods that we all have from time to time, "Celebrate? Are you kidding me? With what's going on in my life right now?"

"Celebration day, indeed!"

HUFF!

"So what made the big diff, Russy?" I hear you ask.

I know you want to know.

Are You Ready for a Change?

Well, I think I was ready for a change. You know, after spending a couple of days mired in the lower extremes of the emotional spectrum, I simply decided that I had had enough. Without realizing it, I said "Yes" to change, and put a moratorium on my anger and ill will, in essence unwittingly creating a celebration day of sorts.

Now hold on. Here's where it gets a little 'Woo-Woo' weird.

The two movies Maggie randomly picked out for our Saturday night viewing were, "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey and "Last Chance Harvey" featuring Dustin Hoffman. Keep in mind, I had already made my decision to change, so both of these movies were sort of confirming the wisdom of my new choice.

"Laughter is the best medicine", they say. I don't think I have ever laughed as much for a movie than I did for "Yes Man". Simply by changing from his usual "No" reply to always saying "Yes", Carl's life (hilariously portrayed by Jim Carrey) transmuted into something so wild, wacky and... wonderful!

Throughout the movie I repeatedly thought, "THIS is why I need a celebration day! WHAT IF I my life could change as easily and dramatically?"

As for the second movie in our Saturday night double header, just the title alone got me to thinking - Last Chance!

Whoa, pretty heavy stuff. I was getting a nudge from both ends...

"WHAT IF I did... and WHAT IF I didn't?"

It's now two days later and I'm happy to report that I'm enjoying yet another celebration day. That's three in a row so far.

And my reticular activating system hasn't slowed down one iota yet either. Today as I was skimming some articles, I was reminded of one of my favorite authors, Og Mandino. I've read most of his work in the past but in recent years Og had slipped off my radar.

So why did he come back into my field of attention today? Was this simply coincidence, or "Yes Man" serendipity?

I Googled Og and quickly found his website. The very first thing I saw was a chapter title from one of his most famous books,



"I Will Live This Day As If It Is My Last!"



I sincerely believe somebody trying to tell me something.

Spooky enough, right? But this next part will REALLY get you thinking.

Why Are YOU Reading This Now?

Are you ready to start up your own celebration day? Or are you still stuck like I was a week ago, bemoaning how bad life is trampling you?

If so, here's another little movie tip that will surely help you to get unstuck, no matter where you are right now. This film will help you put things into perspective and take away ANY and ALL of your reasons for complaining.

The film is hilarious (satisfying the 'laughter is the best medicine' prerequisite) and heart-wrenching all at the same time. I mean, how could anyone use his sense of humor and clamorously creative imagination to get himself and his young son through one of this era's most horrific experiences... the Holocaust?

If you haven't guessed already, the movie I'm referring to is the multi-award winning, "Life Is Beautiful".

So that, my friends, is my bottom line. Why make every day a celebration day?

Now you know. Say it with me, "Life IS Beautiful!"

The world can seem like a crazy place sometimes... OK, a LOT of the time! However, no matter what is going on in your life, magic happens when you learn how to choose better feelings now! You're Gonna Love That Feeling All the best from Toronto Russ Hamel

No comments:

Post a Comment